Policy Check Up™
What is a Policy Checkup™ and Why Is It Important?
Our Policy Checkup™ allows our clients to regularly review and manage their insurance portfolio to ensure that the insurance products they own are properly positioned to continue to support and advance their wealth creation, protection and transfer objectives.
Older insurance products, which have not been regularly reviewed, may no longer meet current objectives. As potential problems are identified, corrective measures and alternatives will be suggested. The benefits of a Policy Checkup™ are as follows:
- Assessment of existing coverage details and costs associated with these polices
- Review of current insurance carriers financial strength
- Identification of guarantees in the policies, or in some instances lack thereof
- Identification of income, estate or gift tax issues with respect to current laws and future funding requirements
- Projected future premium obligations at various different funding levels along with stress testing each projection
- Review of current ownership and beneficiary designations relative to your planning objectives
Through our WLG Policy Checkup™ process we frequently identify:
- under or poorly-performing policies which has a low probability of success
- Savings in annual premiums
- Increase coverage for the same premium outlay
- Coverage with improved features/guarantees
- Better products or product design relative to client’s goals and risk tolerance
Life Insurance (Personal, Trust Owned and Corporate Owned)
- Annual Renewable Term/Yearly Renewable Term
- Level Term – 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 year level term
- Whole Life – Limited Pay, Executive Strategy, Traditional, Etc.
- Universal Life – Current Assumption UL, Equity Indexed UL, Secondary Guarantee UL, Etc.
- Custom Life Insurance Contracts
- Personal Protection
- Business Overhead Protection
Long Term Care Insurance
- Traditional and Partnership
- Single Premium Immediate Annuities (SPIA)
- Fixed Indexed Deferred Annuities
- Multi-Year Guaranteed Deferred Annuities